Associate Editor - Virginia Sesquicentennial of the American Civil War Commission
Will serve as communications coordinator for the Virginia Sesquicentennial of the American Civil War Commission, which is a legislative agency located within the Division of Legislative Services. Duties include:
- Responsible for all aspects of manuscript preparation and print publication of Signature Conference programs
- Serve as editor-in-chief of all Commission communications, including Signature Conference materials, brochures, marketing material, etc.
- Perform research and assist with preparation of reports, speeches, press releases, articles, etc.
- Oversee marketing of Commission publications as appropriate
- Review and compile applications to use the Commission's logo
- Assist with social media communications
- Provide proofreading assistance to legislative bill drafting editing office, as may be needed during the General Assembly session
- Other duties as may be assigned
Position is full-time with state benefits at pay band 4. Position will remain open until filled. This position is funded through early 2016.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Cheryl Jackson, Executive Director
Virginia Sesquicentennial of the American Civil War Commission
209 N. Ninth Street
General Assembly Building, 2nd floor
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Office: (804) 786-3591, ext. 276
In September and October of each year, the Editing Office accepts applications for temporary, full-time proofreaders for the upcoming General Assembly Session. Some night and weekend hours are required in addition to 40-hour workweeks.
A bachelor's degree, computer proficiency, and proofreading/editorial experience are required. Work for the 2014 Session begins October 21, 2013, ends January 17, 2014, and pays $19/hour.
A cover letter and resume may be sent to Lilli Hausenfluck, Chief Editor, Division of Legislative Services, 201 North 9th Street, 2nd Floor, Richmond, VA 23219 or to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by 5 p.m. on October 7, 2013.