Fiscal and Accounting Technician
The Division of Legislative Services is seeking a self-motivated individual to work in their accounting/personnel department. The person will be responsible for learning all aspects of governmental accounting and personnel practices. Experience in State accounting/personnel a plus.
Please submit resumes to the attention of Caryl Harris, Division of Legislative Services, General Assembly Bldg, 2nd Fl, 201 North 9th St, Richmond VA 23219 no later than September 10, 2014. Entry level Salary Range: $32,000 - $35,000.
Associate Editor - Virginia Sesquicentennial of the American Civil War Commission
Will serve as communications coordinator for the Virginia Sesquicentennial of the American Civil War Commission, which is a legislative agency located within the Division of Legislative Services. Duties include:
- Responsible for all aspects of manuscript preparation and print publication of Signature Conference programs
- Serve as editor-in-chief of all Commission communications, including Signature Conference materials, brochures, marketing material, etc.
- Perform research and assist with preparation of reports, speeches, press releases, articles, etc.
- Oversee marketing of Commission publications as appropriate
- Review and compile applications to use the Commission's logo
- Assist with social media communications
- Provide proofreading assistance to legislative bill drafting editing office, as may be needed during the General Assembly session
- Other duties as may be assigned
Position is full-time with state benefits at pay band 4. This position is funded through June 2016.
Send cover letter and resume by September 4, 2014 to:
Cheryl Jackson, Executive Director
Virginia Sesquicentennial of the American Civil War Commission
201 N. Ninth Street
General Assembly Building, 2nd floor
Richmond, Virginia 23219
Office: (804) 786-3591, ext. 276
In September of each year, the Editing Office accepts applications for temporary, full-time proofreaders for the upcoming General Assembly Session. Night and weekend hours are required in December and early January in addition to 40-hour workweeks.
A bachelor's degree, computer proficiency, and proofreading/editorial experience are required. Work for the 2015 Session begins October 27, 2014, ends January 16, 2015, and pays $19/hour.
To apply send a resume with cover letter to Lilli Hausenfluck, Chief Editor, Division of Legislative Services, 201 North 9th Street, 2nd Floor, Richmond, VA 23219 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on September 25, 2014.