CONTENTS | <
PREVIOUS | NEXT > | BILL
Labor and Employment
- Labor and employment; polygraphs. Prohibits any person from submitting, referring to, offering, or presenting an analysis of polygraph test charts produced during any polygraph examination in any state employees grievance procedure or proceeding conducted by a county, city or town.
Patron - Suit
- Antique and model boilers. Clarifies the inspection and testing requirements of antique and model boilers. The bill (i) adds a requirement for magnetic particle examination as an alternative to dye penetrant examinations, (ii) adds that the hydrostatic test at the maximum allowable working pressure should only be performed once if the inspector makes certain findings, and (iii) allows the Commissioner to grant waivers or variances from the requirements for antique or model boilers upon evidence of an applicant meeting certain alternate standards.
Patron - Armstrong
- Labor and employment; polygraphs. Eliminates the use of polygraphs in any state, county, city or town grievance or disciplinary proceedings. The bill also defines law-enforcement agencies for the purpose of using polygraphs to exclude sheriffs and deputies.
Patron - Stolle
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel Safety Act injunctions. Authorizes the Safety and Health Codes Board and the Commissioner of Labor and Industry to petition any appropriate court of record for injunctive relief for violations of the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Safety Act. The existing provisions authorizing the Board, when a boiler or pressure vessel poses an immediate danger to human life, to pursue civil penalties and other remedies are deleted.
Patron - Barry
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel Safety Act; hobby and model boilers' inspection and testing. Changes references from "antique boiler" to "hobby boiler." A boiler may be placed in nonoperating status if it does not pass inspection. Boilers shall be tested according to the method appropriate for the boiler type.
Patron - Quayle
- Labor and employment; governmental employee associations. Permits employees of the Commonwealth, its political subdivisions, or any governmental agency of any of them, to form associations for the purpose of discussing their interests with their employing agencies whenever such agencies agree to engage in such discussions. Current law permits these governmental employees to form such associations for the purpose of promoting their interests before their employing agencies.
Patron - Darner
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel Safety Act; hobby and model boilers' inspection and testing. Changes references from "antique boiler" to "hobby boiler." A boiler may be placed in nonoperating status if it does not pass inspection. Boilers shall be tested according to the method appropriate for the boiler type. The civil penalty for leaving a boiler unattended while in operation is eliminated.
Patron - Miller, K.G.
- Unlawful employment practices; sexual orientation. Prohibits employers employing more than five but less than fifteen persons from discharging an employee on the basis of sexual orientation.
Patron - Whipple
- Labor and employment; payment of wages by electronic funds transfer. Permits any employer of 20 or more persons to require its employees to receive payment by electronic funds transfer ("direct deposit"), where at least two-thirds of the employees have elected to receive payment by that means. Payment must be made in full by the date it is due, and the employer has to develop an alternative to direct deposit for employees who do not have an account at a financial institution.
Patron - Moran
CONTENTS | < PREVIOUS
| NEXT > | BILL INDEX
© 2000 by the Division of Legislative Services.
2000 SUMMARY HOME |